What We Believe
- * Emmanuel United Church -- God With Us; -- the body of Christ made visible
- a welcoming, witnessing, worshiping community, scattered and gathered,
- with a tradition of faithfulness,
- reaping the harvest from seeds of the past, yet evolving.
- * We are a member congregation of the United Church of Canada,
- ecumenical and diverse in nature.
- * to worship God as revealed in Jesus the Christ;
- celebrating, and witnessing to, God's presence and love.
- * to seek education, growth and spiritual development;
- as individuals and as a community.
- * to be an instrument of God's grace through God's Holy Spirit
- ministering to each other and the world around us;
- bringing hope and pastoral care;
- serving, nurturing and enabling, ourselves and others;
- calling for justice in our community and in the world.
- * to be stewards
- of God's gifts to us
- and of creation.
It is our mission:
- * to journey in the loving, inspiring presence of God in faith, that we may grow,
may change, may reach out, may revitalize and may dream;
- * to dare to see the world as God wants it and to work for that vision.
We are called:
- "God is Holy Mystery, beyond complete knowledge, above perfect description" So begins "A Song Of Faith", a statement of faith that attempts to reflect the spirit of The United Church of Canada and to respond to various defining elements in our social, political, and historical context, including the place of the church in society, the cultural and intellectual setting in which we find ourselves, the meaning of “truth,” the impact of the market economy on our daily lives, and the growing issue of the meaning of “security.” This is not a statement of faith for all time, but for our time, at the beginning of the 21st century.
Our Words Of Faith:
- A New Creed is a brief and well-loved statement of our relationships with God and with one another.
A New Creed
Last modified Thursday, 08th March, 2012 @ 03:32pm